WTForm is simple implementation built on top of existing (new)forms to
help create fieldsets, and by judging django snippets alone one can
see it's a huge hole in Django. Everyone has wondered why the heck
doing those fieldsets is such a pain when in admin it is super easy,
and it turns out the Django admin's way is unusable in elsewhere.
Thats the way I ended up doing my own fieldset implementation long ago
to ds, but as usual it went unmaintained.

When I had lost all will to Django ever implementing this, someone had
redone something similar, WTForm http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/214/
(unmaintained) with more care on details. Though it also went
unmaintained until akaihola took it to his care:

WTForm *Maintained* by akaihola found here
http://github.com/akaihola/django-wtform/tree/master
works with Django 1.0 supposedly.

The maintained version could be added to Django, and start refactoring
parts of Django to make use of it. I mean Django admin should
definitely use this WTForm somehow, it is way more DRY than the one in
place now for the Fieldsets.

I wish people has some thoughts about this...