On Apr 30, 12:25 am, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question would be how is using a DSN and letting those be passed directly
> to using() any advantage over letting someone pass a dict of those options
> to using(), or a connection object itself.

No advantage at all - I'm interested in being able to hand a
dynamically constructed connection to using(), and I don't
particularly mind if it's a DSN, a dictionary or a connection object
I've created already.

My principle arguments for DSNs are the other two - we already use
them for cache backends, and it's what SQLObject and SQLAlchemy do.