On Saturday 26 September 2009 19:44:24 Alex Gaynor wrote:

> So I'm still a little unclear on what this shortcut does that
> direct_to_template doesn't already?

It just has a slightly different and simpler API, and an import that
does not involve generic views.  It also *doesn't* do some things that
direct_to_template *does* do, like the params dictionary.  I think it
needs to be simple and obvious enough to be used early in the
tutorials, before generic views have even been introduced.

But it's certainly an optional part of the CSRF stuff - just something
to make using RequestContext easier and simpler.

Luke

--
"Smoking cures weight problems...eventually..." (Steven Wright)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/