I'd like to propose a new field lookup __neq which could be used to
negate a single parameter. It is not ment to make exclude() obsolete, as
they both have a different scope:

filter(x__neq=1, y__neq=2) would translate to "(x <> 1 AND y <> 2)"
while exclude(x=1, y=2) translates to "NOT (x = 1 AND y = 2)"

So far I'v never come across a single use case, where I had to exclude()
based on more than one field, but I have several applications where I
perform more than one __isnull=False lookups. Since __isnull is ment to
be obsolete, according to Russ Magee, it'd be really ugly having to
rewrite these queryies to a chain of excludes.

Besides exclude(x=None).exclude(y=None).exclude(z=None) feels less
intuitive to me than filter(x__neq=None, y__neq=None, y__neq=None).

--mp