On Sunday 25 October 2009 07:22:27 Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> I'm keen to see a resolution to this problem. To that end, I'm
> interested in hearing specific criticisms or concerns with the
>  current backend proposal. I'm also interested in any alternate
>  approaches to this problem.

I'm completely fine on this proposal.  Apparently I voted '-0', I'm
not sure precisely why as I didn't leave any specific comment, but I
would change that to +0 now (I have no specific need for it myself,
but can see that it's an important improvement for lots of people, and
it can be implemented cleanly).

I presume that the only built-in email backends would be the existing
SMTP one, one for testing (which is just a code shuffle really), and a
'write to standard out' one for debugging (which is trivial and
completely un-critical anyway), so this doesn't really add any
maintenance burden to Django.

Regards,

Luke

fools.  -- Douglas Adams