On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Russell Keith-Magee
<freakboy3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Time zone handling is definitely something that Django could handle
> better, but simply switching to UTC for certain functions isn't the
> solution.

I like the solution proposed on ticket 10587:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/10587

Basically, it proposes that timezones are handled analogous to how
Unicode is handled -- that is, everything within Django boundaries is
treated as UTC, with timezone conversions happening on input and
output, but never within Django and always stored as UTC in the
database.

Ticket 10587 was closed as a duplicate of 2626, but I think 10587 has
the better description and proposal in it.

-Rob