On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Mat Clayton <m...@wakari.co.uk> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Now that Email Backend's have landed, and we finally got round to rolling it
> out in to production, I discovered small niggle with our deployment.
> Currently we use an external email provider to deliver email, and the
> backends has allowed us to do this fantastically. However when an error
> occurs in our main site, which happens in production occasionally :( We very
> rapidly eat up all our credits with error emails, one proposed solution
> would be to be able to configure an independent backend for crash emails.
> Having talked to a few startups using similar cloud technology this seems a
> fairly common situation.
>
> As far as I can could spot, there is no way to isolate the production and
> error emails, has anyone else tried this? Also is any chance this might get
> into core, if we propose a patch?

I believe this may fall under the logging proposal [1] which has been
approved for 1.2. Although, I don't know whether it will be ready or
not. Regardless, I would think providing work on this would be the
best way to get a solution into core.

[1]: http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/LoggingProposal

--
----