On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:41 AM, ssc <steven.samuel.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone ever come across this before ? Could not find anything
> related in Trac, but I thought I better ask in here before I file a
> bug...

If you import a signal, using one particular path to specify the
import, you get that signal object. If you import it again later using
a different path, you get a different object. This is simply the way
Python imports work, and the solution to this "bug" is to ensure you
always use the same path (preferably the fullest possible path)
whenever importing a signal.

(also, your use of "from signals import ..." relies on implicit
relative imports within a module, which is a deprecated feature of
Python)