This is probably just a curiosity, but I was playing with ways to test
the raw power of my new 8-core mac pro and was looking at how to apply
this to testing.

By using multiprocessing I was able to reduce the running of the
current trunk tests from 6 minutes to 3.

Because a test case needs to be pickled to be pushed to the worker
pool and not all test cases could be, almost 2 minutes of this is
spent having to run just several tests in the main thread.  If this
was resolved, I think the whole test suite could be run in about a
minute.

When it hits a stretch of tests that can be dispatched and lights up
all cores, it just screams.

With the increase of multicore machines, perhaps this is something of
interest.  Even with fast fail - waiting for tests to run takes away
from other development tasks, and being able to run the test suite
more frequently would probably help catch some bugs earlier before
they cascade or propagate by being extended or referred to.  I'll
grant this is a relatively low priority - but if anyone wants, I'd be
happy to clean up my hack and post it as a gist.

-Preston