Hi,
I'm sorry for asking this here, but the question was raised several
time on the -users mailing list and I don't think we users have a
solution for it.

Basically, the problem is that if I call a templatetag into a block
and it fills me a variiable with the usual context[varname]=something,
then if I need that variable into another block, I have to call the
templatetag again. This for me means extra db queries, which is really
something I'm trying to avoid.

This templatetag is called in a base template which is extended by
many other templates, so I can't just change all the views to pass
something to the context, it makes no sense (WET principle?)

Even a context processor would be not good because I don't want to
call it for every page rendered in the site, even the ones not based
on that template.

I was thinking about writing a templatetag which would use the
internal context structures to put the variable in a global context,
but I'd feel too guilty doing it.

How would you solve this problem?
Thank you!