Sean-

Can't say for sure it's related, but I can verify that I was using
Safari (Mobile) and that my message had commas in them...so it
definitely could be.

Switching to session storage solved the problem for me, and that
backend works fine for my needs. So, it's no longer  pressing issue
for me, but there definitely seems to be something wrong in the cookie
storage backend.

Jeff