Hey all,

During the Chicago sprint a few weeks ago I put together a patch for
#6191: the admin's "the following related objects will be deleted"
list in some cases omits items that actually are deleted (oops!). The
admin has its own routine for collecting related objects for
notification, separate from the ORM code that collects the objects for
deletion. This situation seemed ripe for further discrepancies down
the road, so rather than just fixing the immediate bug in the admin
routine I opted to make the admin notification reuse the ORM's
collect_sub_objects() method, so the same logic that is used to
actually delete the objects is used for the notification.

I'd love to get this fix in for 1.2 if possible, since it involves
silent loss of data. It's a bug fix, so can go in post-beta; but it's
also a relatively large patch, so it seems like getting more eyes on
it sooner rather than later would be good. Patch works well for me, I
added a number of new tests and tests are passing (well, two unrelated
admin_views tests currently fail for me with or without the patch).
Anyone up for taking a look?

Thanks,

Carl

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/6191