I'm kind of choosing this arbitrarily, but as far as I can tell we
should be good to go for rolling a beta any time. So I'm picking
Thursday.

If there are any blockers I'm not aware of, let me know. Also, note
that this will be the final feature freeze for 1.2; if it ain't in
trunk when I roll the tarball, it'll have to wait until 1.3.