As has been mentioned, you should direct questions about using Django
to the django-users mailing list.  You can subscribe to django-users
at the top-right of this page: http://www.djangoproject.com/community/.

But, just to answer your question, this is a good place to start on
Django 1.0 (I know you wanted 1.1, but the two versions are very
similar).  http://www.djangobook.com/

The Django documentation (http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/) is
the source of truth on v1.1.1, and usually contains great examples.
Also, try out the tutorial at that link.

Try asking questions 2-5 on the django-users mailing list.

Cheers,
Jon