Hi,

Several people have expressed interest in ticket #12831, which has
also been marked as DDN. So I thought the next step would be to bring
it up on this list - let me know if that's not the right thing to do.

Basically, I think that it would make sense and that it would be very
useful if a new setting was introduced to allow the systematic
addition of a prefix to avoid key collisions across multiple site
instances, that is for all cacheing operations, not just for per-site
cacheing (which is currently possible with the
CACHE_MIDDLEWARE_KEY_PREFIX setting).

What do you guys think about this? Does this ticket have a chance to
be accepted or is it fundamentally a bad idea?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Julien