On 05/29/2010 01:51 AM, Gustavo Narea wrote:

Basically, when you need to integrate a piece of WSGI middleware that
must be present both on development and deployment, you have to get
rid of `manage runserver' and use a development server like the one
from Paste or CherryPy.

Middleware that *must* be present: it reminded me of an old blog post that warned about mandatory middleware. I think I've read it in more than one place, though:

http://dirtsimple.org/2007/02/wsgi-middleware-considered-harmful.html

The core idea of that post is that if something is mandatory, it isn't middleware anymore. It should be part of your application. I don't really have an opinion about this myself (yet).

Do you know what the current way of thinking on this is?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - rein...@vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Programmer at http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl