On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Waldemar Kornewald
<wkornew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss <ja...@jacobian.org>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So here's an idea, of dubious quality ;)
>> Okay, folks: at this point the discussion has pretty much descended
>> into bikeshedding territory. I'm going to read through everything
>> posted so far and try to post a summary and round-up to help us get
>> refocused; gimme a few hours to pull that together and then let's try
>> to reach towards a consensus.
> I've started putting everything into a summary spreadsheet. Feel free
> to change/extend it:
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnLqunL-SCJJdGhxSVZaQkNCcTlzM2d4OEc5dFRPUUE&hl=en

Some of the approaches also allow for easy grouping of similar views.
For example I'm currently working on an ArchiveView with methods:

* index(self, request)
* details(self, request, year, month, day, id)
* day(self, request, year, month, day)
* week(...)
* month(...)
* year(...)

So you only instantiate one object (telling it which templates to use,
what month format you prefer etc.) and bind its methods to various
URLs.

--
Patryk Zawadzki