Hi,
I've patched django to allow indefinite args for simple tags and
inclusion tags. My impetus for doing so was as follows:

I have a project that registers inclusion template tags for methods on
objects in a registry. (http://github.com/melinath/pipettes/blob/
master/templatetags/pipettes.py) In order to correctly set the tag's
name (and provide other basic functionality in the future) I have to
wrap the method.

However, I have no way of knowing how many arguments the method will
have, and I don't want to restrict people who might register objects
to a certain number of arguments. So the wrapper should accept *args.

Unfortunately, django seems to purposely ignore the possibility of
*args in creating simple tags and inclusion tags, instead checking
only how many args and default args have been specified for the node's
function.

Before posting the patch to django's ticketing system, I wanted to
check whether this would be a non-trivial patch and whether there
might be any good alternatives.

Thanks!
--Stephen