Hello there,

I'm watching #5833 and I have a bit of a problem with the
implementation.  A good example of their proposal is here:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/5833#comment:68

The API is remarkably similar to Gaynor's django-filters. My problem
with this is that your filtering essentially becomes
Model.objects.filter(x__y=x).filter(y__x=y) which creates a join each
time, whereas you may not really want a join.

To get around this limitation I propose having the FilterSpec's return
Q objects and then passing them all into filter(), however I've been
stumped as to how to do this in such a way that you allow people to
use AND or OR, depending on their preference.

I'm afraid if this issue isn't worked out the current proposal (which
is Accepted) will then become gospel and many uses cases (mine!) will
be left out.

-Steve