Hi Forest,

you wrote:

> I'd like to return to the problem of middleware, view decorators, etc.
> affecting

Thanks so much for all your hard work and persistence on this issue.
Although I haven't gone through this in detail, I think this is arriving
at a good solution now.  I massively prefer the explicit 'freeze' API on
HttpResponse to subclasses that do different things.

It would be extremely useful to me if you could go through the use cases
linked on the previous thread and see if your solution addressed them
all.

> I am more than happy to provide an implementation of the above, but I'd like
> get an idea of what chance it has of being accepted before I start working on
> it.  I am also happy to maintain it outside of Django svn for a while so that
> people can test it out.

>From my perspective that would be great.  One thing that would be
brilliant whatever the eventual solution would be a set of use cases
encoded into some tests - I suspect that whatever solution/API is chosen
it would be worth doing the tests first so that you can see if it is
going to work in practice, and so that other people can see how to use
it.

Many thanks.

Luke

--
When you're great, people often mistake candor for bragging.
 -- Calvin and Hobbes

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/