On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:14 AM, Russell Keith-Magee
<russ...@keith-magee.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Mathieu Leduc-Hamel <marra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm curious to know if it's planned in the future to force the use of
>> the complete name of the applications and the templatestags. I'll
>> explain myself.
> There are two tickets related to this problem:
>
> #2539: Namespacing for template tags
>
> Template tag namespacing has been accepted as an idea; it's just
> waiting on a trunk-ready patch.

> the idea seems sound to me, but it requires more thought in terms of
> how the new loading scheme will interact with existing code.

I've proposed a solution[1] some time ago, where I also gathered all
the discussions on the topic I could find. Sadly I got no feedback.
    Iván

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/da9ed3a3116c546a/88d0d780a5e9d09f?lnk=gst&q=namespaces#88d0d780a5e9d09f