On Nov 3, 5:58 am, "Tom X. Tobin" <tomxto...@tomxtobin.com> wrote:
> Do the Git-using core developers have a preference for merge vs.
> rebase for updating an upstream-tracking branch?  I prefer to rebase
> to keep the changes in question at the branch HEAD, especially if the
> branch hasn't been pushed publicly yet, but a rebase for something
> that *has* been pushed means a forced overwrite is necessary, which
> may trip up anyone who has already added the branch as a remote and
> isn't expecting it.

For my ticket branches, I rebase.
If I ever have a big feature branch, I'll probably merge.
Unless it's a major feature branch, I'm not sure that'll be a huge
issue.

I also don't bother frequently updating against lastest upstream until
I'm at some stable point where I'm happy, or I know that some features
have changed.