Hi guys

Thanks for pointing those out. I knew I couldn't have been the first to want
this. I guess I just didn't know the right words to search for here.

It looks like django_polymorphic does what I want. I'm not yet sure why it
says it takes one query per type of model in a queryset. Unless it is
talking about multi-table inheritance, in which each type would require a
different join. But I'll look in more detail in the next few days and no
doubt it will become clear.

Thanks for the reference to CORBA narrow too. Skimming the thread now.

Regards
Craig