Hi Marco,

On 03/17/2011 10:44 AM, Marco Louro wrote:
> I don't really know how to approach this issue the best way, so I'm
> just going to be direct, I'd love to see Django provide support for
> django.core.urlresolvers.reverse (at least) on the client (in
> JavaScript).

I think this is really interesting, and I'd like to play with your
approach. It does seem to me like something that, while quite useful for
some projects, not all projects will need, and that it ought to stand on
its own as a reusable app for quite a while to prove its usefulness and
shake out any issues (and probably just stay that way).

Just to give you a point of comparison, database migrations are a
feature that is much more core to Django than this, and even those were
left out of core for years to allow several different approaches to sort
themselves out. Even now that South is the clear winner in that space,
only a portion of South is currently being considered for core inclusion.

I don't immediately see anything that would prevent implementing your
proposal as a reusable app outside core. If you do run into problems
where a small change in core could make your life a lot easier in
implementing this as a reusable app, please do bring it up here or file
a bug.

Carl