On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 5:42 AM, -RAX- <michele.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am referring to this:
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.3/#filefield-no-longer-deletes-files
> Instead of preventing the data loss from happening a very usefull
> feature has been removed.

I'm sorry this caused an problem for you. Hopefully it's not *too* big
a deal: a FileField subclass along the lines Carl suggested should be
able to provide the same behavior has you've seen before at minimal
effort. I'd do something like: https://gist.github.com/889692.

But just for the record, we're pretty much always going to make calls
like this. Data loss is one of the few places I'm happy to break
backwards compatibility. When it comes down to unexpected data
retention versus unexpected data loss we're always going to try to err
on the site of retention. Too much data's easy to deal with: delete
some stuff. But lost data means a trip to the backups if you're lucky,
and a really bad day  (or week, or month, ...) if you're not.

Jacob