I finally submitted my proposal to the google melange homepage. The core of
the proposal is very much unchanged to the first draft, however I've included
passages that indicate that the syntax might change in further discussions
about this topic and that the concept of a chrome will be propably dropped in
favour of more flexible template based widgets -- I didn't wanted to
include a new detailed view on this topic without knowing how the final
implementation for template based widgets will look like.

For all that are interested, here are some links with more information about
my submission:

1. The official submission on the google-melange.com homepage:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/gregmuellegger/1

2. The latest revision (and its change history) of the proposal on github
(maybe also nicer formated):

https://gist.github.com/898375

I will get back to the list kicking of some more discussions about the syntax
next week and doing some syntax "testing" like we previously discussed in this
thread.

Gregor