Paul McMillan <p...@mcmillan.ws> writes:

> Ah, this does sound like a pretty nasty issue with our code then.
> Unfortunately, the test suite doesn't get run as often as it should
> with the various cache backends enabled, and I imagine that may be how
> this cropped up. There have been a number of similar bugs in the past
> - caching is hard! I'd appreciate it if you could open a ticket for
> this and reference the mailing list discussion. If you could set the
> owner to me (PaulM), I'll work on it when I get a chance. Thanks for
> taking the time to track down how this is happening.

Hey there, Paul,

Thanks for the interest, I've filed bug #15863.

In case you have some ideas on the directions to take, I could try
working on a patch to tackle the issue -- from what I see, using
pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL is causing the bug, however using a value <
pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL is also unwanted due to the serialized string
being much larger?

In case I work on a patch to improve the unit tests for this part,
should I file a new ticket? Should this mail have actually been sent as
a comment to the ticket? :)

--
Raphael Kubo da Costa
ProFUSION embedded systems