Today I discovered behavior similar to that originally reported in
#15819 (http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15819). I've updated it
with a simple way to reproduce the issue. Could anyone confirm this
behavior? It's nothing major but it does seem that the admin search
behavior changed from 1.2.5 to 1.3.

Would it be possible to add a boolean, say 'search_distinct', to
ModelAdmin so distinct() is called after a search here:
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/contrib/admin/views/main.py#L271
?

I haven't yet contributed to the project but would like to if this is
indeed something that should be fixed.

Best,
Ryan