Subject: Feature request: log capture during testing
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:20:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jody McIntyre <jo...@trustcentric.com>
To: Django developers <django-developers@googlegroups.com>

Now that Django has logging support using the Python logging module,
it would be nice if the unit testing framework included the ability to
capture logs, similarly to the mail.outbox functionality.

I am aware of the log_capture decorator in the testfixtures package,
and we are using it for some tests.  Unfortunately, it doesn't
correctly capture anything that's been changed by a filter, since it
installs itself as a handler without preserving filters attached to
existing handlers.  It would be great if Django could do better!

Cheers,
Jody