Hi there,

I've been working on reshaping the documentation about contributing to
Django, in particular the rather dense historical page [1] and the
excellent recently added how-to guide [2]. This documentation has sort
of grown organically over the years and has become a bit difficult to
read, so I tried to improve things a bit.

I've submitted a patch in the designated ticket:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15796
You can also browse the html output here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3364022/djangodoc/internals/contributing/index.html

The vast majority of the content was preserved. What I've done is:

- broke the content down into logical sections.
- merged information about "the documentation" from [1] and [3].
- merged information about "ticket triage" from [1] and [2].
- made a few edits, clarified a few things here and there, shifted a
few bits around and smoothed out the transitions.
- cross-linked the various sections.
- added descriptions for the recently added "type" and "severity"
attributes.
- added a few suggestions for ways new contributors can help.

I hope that it turns this documentation into a more maintainable and
extensible shape and, as a result, that it will facilitate
contributions from the community.

It is a big change so I thought I'd bring it up here in case you have
ideas and suggestions to improve it further or differently. Any
feedback is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Julien

[1] http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/