Hi Jonathan,

On 05/23/2011 04:30 AM, Jonathan Slenders wrote:
> 1. Like Carl said, I always prefer template tags which alter the
> context to create a scope. (I hate {% url ... as varname %})
>
> {% form "table" %}
>     {% renderform my_form %}
> {% endform %}

Well, in any case, not all context-altering tags will create their own
scope; even if we do ditch {% formlayout %}, {% widget %} still alters
context without creating a new scope. However, if my {% formdefaults %}
proposal is used, we'd at least maintain that the context-altering tags
can only be used within a scoped tag, either {% formconfig %} or {%
formdefaults %} (though in the latter case, although there's a scope
within which the modifications must be made, they have global impact).

> 2. Also totally agreed with Russell that we need consistency about
> when template tag parameters need to be quoted.
> That is, quoted in case of constants, and unquoted when they need to
> be resolved.

Yes. I'm still not entirely understanding which part of the RFC made it
appear that it didn't follow this rule. It already does.

> And even if this seems to cover all the use cases, ensure
> extensibility.

Definitely.

Carl