On 05/06/11 22:16, Daniel Greenfeld wrote:
> I think this topic is not realistic.

Exactly!

There seems to be the assumption in other messages in this thread that
Django 'owns' the database. That is not the philosophy Django takes - it
interfaces with the DB. In some cases, Django 'owns' the data and would
have the liberty of choosing/changing the format e.g. in tables provided
by contrib apps, such as the session data which stores pickled Python
objects, or the format of the password in the auth.User table. But
globally changing the format of how datetimes are stored in SQLite is
just not an option (at least not until Django 2.0), unless we can
guarantee backwards compatibility with existing data and other apps use
of the data.

Regards,

Luke

--
"We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we
always respect their good judgement." -- Libbie Fudim

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/