On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:41 PM, CrabbyPete <pete.do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm posting it here because my understanding is that django 1.3
> supports python 2.5., however this code runs perfectly well on 2.6 but
> not on 2.5 and I get this error
> I have posted it on the django user group and I got this reply which I
> believe is correct.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/3f191ba3b0bcf99f
>
> Is this a bug, or does django 1.3 not support python 2.5?

As you've been told - twice - on that very thread, the problem appears
to be in your own code. Django *does* support Python 2.5, and we have
the test suite to prove it:

http://ci.django-cms.org/job/Django/database=sqlite3,python=python2.5/

On the other hand, Django doesn't guarantee that *your* code runs
under Python 2.5. In this case, assuming your PYTHONPATH is set up
right, if you open up a normal python prompt and run:

>>> from base import views

You should see the same "ImportError: No module named io" error.
Remove or replace that import, and your code will run.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)