On Nov 15, 10:44 am, Byron Ruth <bjr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How would everyone feel about making this a setting, e.g.
> SESSION_FLUSH_AT_LOGIN? If false, it would behave as it does now
> otherwise it would flush the non-auth session.

I do think the current behavior is worth a note in the docs - like you
say - there are reasons to not flush it.

but this doesn't seem to merit a setting in the face of the ever
growing problem of settings bloat.

If https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/17209 comes to pass, this
could be something on a login class, but otherwise I think you are
better off just doing a custom login view if you want to flush the
session.

-Preston