On 16-02-12 22:54, Aymeric Augustin wrote:

Related, a suggestion for the next release cycle: send an email to the
mailinglist that there's a beta coming up and that you ought to hurry up to get
new features in.

I sort of did, just after the alpha:
https://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/74eff3def6ef47af?pli=1

I remember that one. Upon re-reading it, it is clear enough so I should have started cracking the next day :-)

So... tickets with patches. I'm waiting patiently. I obviously shouldn't have
done that, I guess :-) But I also didn't know when the beta would be out. And I
also didn't want to bug the mailinglist unnecessary. So I guess I should not
have assumed such a small patch would get in no problem.

Question is, how can I know next time? Some keyword on the ticket that I can
look for? Am I allowed to bug the mailinglist?

Both tickets currently are in the list of tickets that need a review. Since you
aren't the author of the patches, you're welcome to review them. If you think
they match all the criteria for inclusion in Django, mark the tickets as ready
for checkin. (See item 3 in the email I linked to above for more.)

Someone else pointed me at
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/triaging-tickets/#triage-workflow

I didn't realize that I could mark it "ready for check-in" myself. (But there are 35 tickets ready for check-in, so I guess I still need to bug people to get it to be actually checked in).

Partially related question: several tickets have a pull request on github instead of an svn patch. Is that enough? I assume a real svn patch is better?

Finally, you can join the #django-dev IRC channel on FreeNode if you have
questions and don't want to bug the mailing-list.

I've fallen off the open-irc-in-the-morning habit since I don't work in a company with remote workers anymore. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks for the tips!

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/