Hey Carl,

Thanks for the reply. I removed everything from my venv's site-
packages directory (except PIL and some other graph library), then
checked to make sure I wasn't able to use django-admin.py or my app's
manage.py scripts (ie, making sure there wasn't a global Django
install). I then reinstalled Django after pulling the latest master
from the github mirror, moved to ~/dev and then: (actual copy/paste
from my shell, minus find/replace of my personal/info):

(myvenv)My-Names-MacBook-Pro:dev myusername$ mkdir test_startproject
(myvenv)My-Names-MacBook-Pro:dev myusername$ cd test_startproject/
(myvenv)My-Names-MacBook-Pro:test_startproject myusername$ ls -a
.       ..
(myvenv)My-Names-MacBook-Pro:test_startproject myusername$ django-
admin.py startproject testing123
(myvenv)My-Names-MacBook-Pro:test_startproject myusername$ ls
testing123
(myvenv)My-Names-MacBook-Pro:test_startproject myusername$ ls
testing123/
__init__.py     manage.py       settings.py     testing123      urls.py
(myvenv)My-Names-MacBook-Pro:test_startproject myusername$ ls
testing123/testing123/
__init__.py     settings.py     urls.py         wsgi.py
(myvenv)My-Names-MacBook-Pro:test_startproject myusername$

I'm not pulling your chain. I've never had this happen before, and
Django functions just fine otherwise (except for now issuing a warning
about using naive datetimes in Field.__init__, which is ironically
right up the alley of my other thread)

Note: In site-packages for the venv, I show Django-1.4b1-py2.7.egg-
info