When I said "user", I actually meant "developer", "django user"... sorry
for the confusion :]

When pre-filling the form to display the "clone" page we can provide a
method the developer can override to copy the files on disk, or change
anything he wants (for example, change unique fields like slug, since the
user will have to edit anyway)

But it's possible to implement as Thomas suggested, just provide a new
reference for the same file on disk by default, and let the developer
choose to copy or not. I'll work on an implementation for this.

Thanks for the feedback!

Igor.