Thanks for catching this. I worked on that patch.

The problem is that those two test cases shouldn't be in the auth tests but
rather somewhere in top-level tests folder (with the other multi DB tests). I'm
not sure exactly where they belong though. If a core dev wants to chime in and
suggest a location, I'd be happy to move them and submit the patch.

Brian