On 27/03/12 11:01, Florian Apolloner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:09:44 AM UTC+2, Łukasz Rekucki wrote:
>
>     For a moment, I thought we could have some more of that magic and
>     amend the commits in git, so that "author" would be the patch
>     contributor and commit author would be the "committer". This should be
>     possible in most cases, as you only need to map the "Thanks <trac
>     username>" to an email address and github should do the rest.
>
> Not really possible, or how are you planning to map "Thanks me, you,
> someoneelse" to git -- afaik the support only one author field ;) (Aside
> from that, I guess the migration is enough work already, so…)

And also, even for the single author case, I have very often committed
patches where I have made slight or extensive tweaks, and I wouldn't
want that code to be attributed to them, since I might have introduced
bugs myself.

Luke

--
"I spilled spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone." (Steven Wright)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/