On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Stratos Moros <stmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm apologizing for replying to my own post, but there are only two days
> left before GSoC's submission deadline and my proposal has received very
> little feedback.
>
> Since other proposals about contrib.auth are being discussed, I was
> wondering if mine has any merit and whether I should submit it through
> google-melange.

Hi Stratos,

The core team is going to take the lead on the auth.User refactoring
-- specifically, yours truly. :-)

Given that the Summer of Code policy prohibits code contributions from
non-students (right?), I don't think the User refactoring would work
as a Summer of Code project. Sorry to break this news, as you've
clearly done a lot of preparation and thinking about the issue, but of
course we'd love to have you contribute to this particular feature
*outside* the Summer of Code.

Adrian