On 14 kesä, 10:59, Aymeric Augustin
<aymeric.augus...@polytechnique.org> wrote:
> Hello Anssi,
>
> I'm familiar with the topic since I tried to review some of your
> refactoring patches (before you gained the ability to commit them
> yourself).
>
> I'm convinced that this refactoring is useful, because it is likely to
> fix some bugs, especially in features that were added to the ORM long
> after its original design, and it will make ongoing maintenance
> easier.
>
> It's also very difficult to review and I'm afraid I may not be able to
> help a lot, besides sanity-checking patches. Anyway, ask loudly for
> reviews when you have patches ready, and I'll try to join the effort.

Thanks for all for the offers for reviews.

I think I will go forward with the following plan:
  - For small issues I will create a ticket + pull request and
announce that I am going to commit the request. I will wait for couple
of days and commit if no objections or requests for more time are
raised.
  - For medium issues I will ask for a review and wait for one.
  - For bigger issues (db schemas, deepcopy() vs. clone()) there need
to be some form of consensus that the approach is in fact correct.

Lets see how the above works. If it doesn't, then lets figure out some
other way. A branch for "orm-next" could work also...

I will post a short request here on django-developers, and then detail
the request in the ticket.

For now the big issue needing review is the django.utils.tree/add_q
refactor. https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/17000#comment:7 and
https://github.com/akaariai/django/commits/refactor_utils_tree

I would like to get the qs deepcopy/clone() thingy moved forward or
closed as wontfix. Luckily this is a well separated issue from rest of
queryset refactor, so there is no hurry for this one:
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16759#comment:33

 - Anssi