I have opened a ticked for this same issue, it was rejected because the
core team didn't liked the idea of including FormField options in
ModelField. Decision i think was correct, I wasnt aware the other
FormFields options in ModelFields like help_text were there for historical
reasons.
https://github.com/cobalys/django/blob/ticket_18471/django/db/models/fields/__init__.py

If this is not the correct way to do it, we need to find another way to do
it respecting the DRY principle.
imao the ModelFields must localize according to settings.USE_L10N, then if
it is specified in the option localize as false that field must not
localize.

>From the official Django Documentation:

USE_L10N
Default: False
A boolean that specifies if localized formatting of data will be enabled by
default or not. If this is set to True, e.g. Django will display numbers
and dates using the format of the current locale.

As I understand USE_L10N sets the default behavior application wise for the
localization.

Regards
Serge G. Spaolonzi