I was just writing some code against 1.5 and thought I might use the new
.save(update_fields=['xyz']) then I realized I was using PostgreSQL - which
is an MVCC... which re-writes the entire row as far as I know even when one
column is being updated.

I popped into the release notes and it does in fact indicate that it is
useful for high concurrency scenarios.

I thought it would be nice to note in the docs somewhere that it is really
not useful for database of this type unless you are using a healthy amount
of the update_fields elsewhere.

I might be wrong on all of this.

I have never made a documentation change nor have any idea what the process
would be so if someone chooses to make this note, please do!

Thanks everyone!
Christian