Agreed - a --color command line flag makes more sense to me, and a lot more
sense than a setting. I *might* be able to be convinced about an
environment variable too (since the environment variable DJANGO_COLORS is
already used to set the palette), but frankly, Alex Gaynor's argument about
this being a bug in PyCharm is a lot more convincing.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)