On 21 joulu, 16:39, Krzysztof Jurewicz <krzysztof.jurew...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 13.12.2012 15:54, Anssi K ri inen wrote:
>
> > Second, I have created a patch which should allow your work to
> > continue working in master. See
> >https://github.com/akaariai/django/commit/94c417d2a29a0f72b26019fc38e...
> > - the idea is to change get_fields_with_model() so that it doesn't
> > return different values for proxy models compared to concrete models.
> > I think this is a good solution overall, though this change is
> > somewhat scary - get_fields_with_model is used in many places of the
> > ORM...
>
> Thanks for the patch. It causes all typedmodels' tests to pass, however
> I still have to monkey patch _fill_fields_cache to bypass some currently
> untested issues. I will investigate this further and hopefully provide
> some more detailed comments.

I went with a different approach than the patch for 1.5. At this stage
as minimal as possible change to get_default_columns() seemed like a
good idea. See commit a0155f35343afbfd9e98ab9aa4615f06780f697e in
stable/1.5.x.

I patched only 1.5.x. Master will get soon different handling of the
parent model joining in get_default_columns(). The taken approach in
master should still allow typedmodels to work. See:
https://github.com/akaariai/django/compare/names_to_path_to_fields#L3L254

If you have still problems in 1.5.x please tell us soon. There isn't
too much time before the release.

 - Anssi