On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Victor Hooi <victorh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I may have missed it, but has been a fundamental shift in how Django looks
> at projects versus applications, and how they should be laid out?
>
> I get the impression from Alex Gaynor's comments above that the concept of
> "projects" is on it's way out?
>
> I know there was a change in project layout with Django 1.4, but I thought
> things were still more or less the same as before - and projects were still
> in.
>
> James Bennett wrote a blog post way back in 2006 about projects versus
> applications:
>
> http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2006/sep/10/django-tips-laying-out-application/
>
> I'm wondering if anybody from core is interested in updating that to reflect
> current best practices, and the future direction of Django?

James updated his position on that almost exactly one year and one month later:

http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2007/nov/09/projects/

My recollection is that the basic premise discussed in that post has
been the general view of all core developers since that time (if not
before). Search the archives of this list and you'll find various
discussions about this - mostly proposals to update the tutorials to
not use the "project" concept. Unfortunately, no one has stepped up to
do the work.

--
----