Looks good overall Tim - I do think that the primary reference should be
kept alphabetical within core - this is most useful when you have a setting
you need to look up.  But I do think that a 'by-topic' cross reference
index could also be very useful for discovering or learning about all
settings.  Such an index could be at the bottom of the page, and include
the topics suggested, as well as the deprecated settings - settings that
apply to more than one topic could be duplicated in such an index, and
deprecated settings could be duplicated under a topic, and under a
"deprecated" heading in such an index. This is a case where more
organization is only good, and there is no reason we have to choose an
either or.

-Preston