Hi Wim,

I think there's a slight misunderstanding here. I completely agree with you
that .first() and .last() should return None if there's no matching row :).
The syntax I proposed:

    User.objects.exclude(a=b).filter(c=d).first('id')  # Returns None if
there's no matching row
    User.objects.order_by('id').exclude(a=b).filter(c=d).first()  # Does
the same thing as above

Best,
Selwin