On 29/01/13 12:53, Timmy O'Mahony wrote:
> At the moment, writing custom admin actions
> <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/admin/actions/#actions-as-modeladmin-methods>
> requires an old style view function that returns a Response object. The
> signature for this is similar to a old function-based view (except with
> modeladmin before request):
>
>     func(modeladmin, request, queryset):
>         return HttpResponse()
>
> I wanted to write an action with an intermediate page
> <https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/admin/actions/#actions-that-provide-intermediate-pages>,
> but using class based views (for uniformity across my app). This doesn't
> seem to be doable without writing a custom base View object

Changing the signature would be backwards incompatible (or very hacky).

You can always do:

  def my_admin_action(modeladmin, request, queryset):
      return MyView.as_view(request, modeladmin, queryset)

And then take it to the next step:

  my_admin_action = cbv_to_admin_action(MyView)

Luke

--
"I am going to let you move around more, just to break up the
mahogany." (True Quotes From Induhviduals, Scott Adams)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/