Le mardi 5 mars 2013 20:35:07 UTC+1, Michael Manfre a écrit :

> Full disclosure, I maintain django-mssql and am biased toward having all
> database backends treated as if they were 3rd party backends.

The question is, how monolithic do we want to have Django?

If we would move database backends out of core. Why not move everything in
django.db away from core? There are other ORMs for Django. And the same is
true for the templating system.

For me, personally, it's really a big +1 for splitting Django up in several
logical parts, and for removing the global state. (So that we could create
a Django *instance*, and add a postgres *instance* to django ourself.)

I want to to see something like this:

d = Django(
        database_backend=Postgres(postgres_settings),
        urls=our_url_patters,
        templates=TemplateSystem(template_settings),
        midldeware=...,
       )

No disadvantages I think. But it's not an easy migration path.

Cheers,
Jonathan